Tech Trends for 2021
26 January, 2021
As a future tech professional, it is important that you inculcate the habit of reading
industry-recognized reports and understanding the trends that shape the worldwide economy.
Reading reports not only will help your reading comprehension skills but will also improve your vocabulary and give you quality content to draw inspiration from for presentations, research projects and group discussions.
We are happy to present you with highlights from ‘Tech Trends 2021’, an acclaimed tech industry report presented by one of the world’s most reputed researchers. The report features the opportunities, strategies and technologies that will drive new plans for the tech industry for the next 18-24 months. Click here to access the full report.
The 9 TECH TRENDS for 2021 and onwards:
Trend 1 – Strategy, engineered
- In any organization, technology strategy and corporate strategy must be closely aligned.
- Strategy development must be a continuous and dynamic process that thinks widely and creatively about the future.
Trend 2 – Core revival
- Migrating legacy enterprise systems to the cloud helps unleash an organization’s digital potential.
- For core modernization, companies are beginning to use clever outsourcing arrangements to reengineer traditional business cases.
Trend 3 – Supply unchained
- Future-focused manufacturers, retailers and distributors are extracting more value from the data they collect, analyze and share across their supply networks.
- Robots, drones and advanced image recognition is being used to make physical supply chain interactions more efficient, effective and safe for employees.
Trend 4 – MLOps: Industrialized AI
- Sophisticated machine learning models help companies efficiently discover patterns and generate insights to improve organizational performance.
- MLOps also known as ML CI/CD, ModelOps, and ML DevOps help organizations realize the transformative benefits of Artificial Intelligence.
Trend 5 – Machine data revolution : Feeding the machine
- AI models that only rely on decision-making by humans could impede the full potential of Machine Learning.
- Advanced data capture, structuring capabilities, and analytics help organizations convert volumes of data for future-ready foundations where machines can make more decisions.
Trend 6 – Zero trust: Never trust, always verify
- Sophisticated cyberattacks and shifting enterprise environments make it necessary for organizations to employ a ‘zero trust’ approach where every access request should be validated based on all available data points like user identity, device, location etc.
- Zero trust security architectures built on automation and engineering strengthens security management and overall end-user experience.
Trend 7 – Rebooting the digital workplace
- As the COVID-19 induced ‘Work From Home’ (WFH) protocol continues for the foreseeable future, organization leaders are confronted with the question of whether WFH is a rule or an exception.
- Organizations will use data generated from workers’ tools and performs to improve organizational efficiency.
Trend 8 – Bespoke for billions : Digital meets physical
- 2020 is the turning point when most of the population adapted to digital interactions to conduct their everyday lives.
- Customers will expect a blend of physical and digital brand experiences going forward.
Trend 9 – DEI tech: Tools for equity
- Organizations are embracing DEI: diversity, equity and inclusion as business imperatives
- Advanced analytics, automation and AI will help inform, deliver and measure the impact of DEI.
HCL Technologies focuses on the values of Courage and Care that motivates us to Collaborate to stay as one of the top global technology companies in the digital age. These are the ‘values’ that HCL values as a company and these are the values that we look out for in the people who work for us. Guess what? All of these values are already within you and with the right attitude and dedication, will find ways to flourish and grow.
HCL Technologies conducts a walk-in drive in Guwahati for Class 12 students.Read more
- 1 August, 2022
HCL Technologies is currently conducting walk-in training interviews across four cities — Bengaluru, Shivamogga, Hubballi and Mysuru — to hire Class 12 students
HCL Technologies, an IT services and digital transformation solutions provider, is planning to hire over 2,000 fresh talent from Karnataka..Read more
HCL Technologies conducts walk-in drive in Kerala for Class 12 students
Under the early career programme TechBee, HCL to hire 750 freshers from Kerala HCL Technologies is conducting one-day walk-in drive across..Read more
HCL technologies organises walk-in drive in Kerala for class XII students.Read more
HCL aims to hire 1000 fresh talents from ManipurRead more
HCL Technologies expands and strengthens its presence in Nagpur; plans to increase headcount to 5000 in the coming two years.Read more
HCL’s TechBee program offers early career opportunities for Class XII students
Prabhat Khabar, Patna Prabhat Khabar, Ranchi Dainik Aaj, Patna Hari Bhoomi, Bhopal Sach Express, Bhopal Hindustan, Ranchi Dainik JagranRead more
- 4 March, 2022
Storyboard18 | To Her, With Love: HCL’s Srimathi Shivashankar uses lessons she learnt from her grandmother in her work and life
In a ‘joint family’ in India, where one grows up with grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins, ‘teamwork with discipline’ was the only way of life.Read more
- 3 March, 2022
To her, with love: From Licious’ Simeran Bhasin to HCL’s Srimathi Shivashankar, a shoutout to inspirational women in their lives
If she can do it, so can I: Simeran Bhasin, business head—alternative protein, Licious, on how her mother’s resilience and ability to reinvent..Read more