How do students know whether they are eligible or not?
In today’s world, there are a plethora of opportunities for higher education and job programs. While students these days do their own research basis peer influence, industry knowledge, and their own interest, it is also important to know if they themselves are eligible for the same. Eligibility is a crucial factor when it comes to any career program, as it determines whether or not an individual meets the necessary requirements to participate in the program. Without meeting the eligibility criteria, one may not be able to access the necessary resources, training, and opportunities that are essential for pursuing a particular career path.
TechBee – HCL’s Early Career Program, is an exclusive job program for individuals looking for full-time jobs after Class XII, thereby making them financially independent. Started in 2017, this program is offered by HCL Training & Staffing Services (HCL TSS), a subsidiary of HCLTech, and an approved training partner of the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC). TechBee is a hybrid training program that focuses on both students’ overall education and the grooming of their personalities – making them industry-ready. But who should go for it
It is very important to make the right choices at the right time and in the right way. In case you choose TechBee, make sure you meet the following criteria:
- Mathematics/ Business Mathematics is mandatory with min 60% mark for IT roles only.
- Minimum cut-off ranges from 60-75% marks across different education boards.
- A resident of India who has successfully passed class XII board exams in 2022 or appeared in 2023.
- In case of two mark sheets (original and Improvement) being produced for the same class, all subjects with the latest marks will be considered for calculating percentage or above irrespective of any board recommendations.
- Applicants with 80% & above in IIT/JEE mains (2023) will be exempt from HCL CAT. They can directly appear for Versant and interviews. The cut-off marks criteria for class XII will be applicable for all.
Eligible candidates are then invited to appear for an Online Career Aptitude Test (HCL CAT), post which they need to attempt a communication ability assessment and an interview after which they are issued a Letter of Interest/offer letter.
Candidates in the top 80th percentile in IIT-JEE mains (2022 and 2023) will be exempt from HCL CAT. They can directly appear for communication ability assessment and interviews. The cut-off marks criteria for class XII will be applicable to all.
HCL CAT is an online assessment test designed to check your aptitude in the areas of Quantitative Reasoning (Mathematics), Logical Reasoning, and verbal abilities.
Simply put, if you are a bright student who has just cleared Class XII, either this year or the last, then you are eligible to apply. Once you apply, you will have to attempt an assessment which is basically to check your aptitude and a bit of English comprehension. Beyond this, once you qualify, you are put through an interview which is a learning assessment. Subsequently, you are onboarded with the basics of computer science and theories. This is part of the classroom training, which runs for anywhere between four and six months, depending on the nature of the job which we already have pre-conceived. After this is done, now all these again take place through daily, weekly, and monthly quizzes, tests, and assessments. Post this, you are put through an internship process which runs for anywhere between six and eight months. During the internship, you get paid a stipend of ₹10,000 a month. Post internship, you become an employee. Successful completion of an internship leads you to employment at HCLTech.
To apply, you need to visit: www.hcltechbee.com
Please note that in India, the eligibility criteria for various programs may differ depending on the state board that governs the program. This is because education is a state subject in India, and each state has its own board or council that oversees education within its jurisdiction. Marks may differ between states based on the state’s policies and regulations. Please check this before you proceed further. For TechBee, you need to have secured the following marks as part of the eligibility criteria:
- 75% Andhra Pradesh, NIOS, Tamil Nadu, Telangana
- 70% CBSE, ISC, Orissa, Karnataka
- 65% Assam, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Punjab
- 60% Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jammu & Kashmir, Maharashtra, Mizoram, Rajasthan, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal, Jharkhand
Now, once you know that you meet the eligibility criteria, you need to ensure you are ready with all documentation before you start the application process. Keep all documents like Date of Birth, Aadhar Card, Mobile Number, Email ID, and Class X and Class XII marks sheets ready before you apply for the application form.
All the best.