10 ways to nurture an exceptional employee experience
12 January, 2022
Generation Z also called Zoomers are the demographic group born roughly between the years 1995 and 2010 and considered to be the first digitally-native group. Did you know that studies reveal that Gen Z value ‘experiences’ over ‘materialism’ when it comes to their important life choices? Gen Z thrives in companies that provide them with an exceptional employee experience. So, what is it all about?
Here are 10 ways that companies can create an exceptional employee experience-
1. Make employees feel valued: Giving employees the feeling that they are welcome and valued is one of the critical factors of positive employee engagement. Employees who feel a deep sense of kinship to their company and its values contribute positively to an exceptional employee and organizational experience.
2. Provide a great onboarding experience: An exceptional employee experience is positive from beginning to end and this includes creating a good impression on new hires and those who are interviewing to join the company. Let the employees know from the get-go that their managers and company support their induction and overall growth. This is also a great time to provide a realistic preview of the job to reduce later dissatisfaction.
3. Set SMART Goals: SMART Goals as the acronym suggests are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-based. Communicate your company’s mission and values clearly and effectively to employees. Ensure that the Goals you set for your team are SMART.
4. Focus on multi-dimensional engagement: Employees want to engage on different levels within the organization so the company must provide them with programs and platforms for their professional and personal development. Give employees multi-dimensional opportunities to express themselves, display leadership skills and build their confidence.
5. Encourage open and honest communication: Continue to foster an environment based on openness and trust where employees can express themselves not only through timed surveys but 365-day feedback channels. Provide employees with timely feedback so they can understand their responsibilities better.
6. Support teamwork and trust: Global work environments today require cross-functional teams coming together to solve novel problems. Managers and team leaders must create teams where a culture built on trust and openness motivates employees to give their best.
7. Highlight opportunities for advancement: Focus on employees’ career development and keep them informed about developing opportunities including those for advancement. This will help them plan around their goals better.
8. Provide access to mentors: Mentorship is beneficial to mentors and mentees. Mentors help their mentees set personal and professional development goals and enhance their sense of accountability. They also share the company’s values and belief system practically through their interactions.
9. Nurture entrepreneurship: Encourage employees irrespective of their organizational-level to express themselves, share their ideas and help them bring their ideas to life.
10. Encourage CSR opportunities: Employees especially those belonging to Generation Z consistently look for opportunities in Corporate Social Responsibility to effect change. Companies must provide adequate programs and platforms that nurture the spirit of giving and community-mindedness in employees.
HCL Technologies is a Great Place To Work which invests in providing you with a great experience that benefits your holistic growth. HCL is recognized as one of ‘India’s Best Employers’ in the National Builders category and selected as one of the ‘Best Workplaces’ among Mega Employers of 2021 by the Great Place to Work®️ Institute – the largest study on Workplace Culture in India and across the globe.
The organization has continuously demonstrated the power of putting its people first while delivering cutting-edge solutions to its clients. It is committed to developing the best work environment for its workforce and in enhancing HR processes for collaborative and future-ready workplaces.
Are you looking for an exceptional employee experience? Look no further than HCL Technologies.
HCL Technologies conducts a walk-in drive in Guwahati for Class 12 students.Read more
- 1 August, 2022
HCL Technologies is currently conducting walk-in training interviews across four cities — Bengaluru, Shivamogga, Hubballi and Mysuru — to hire Class 12 students
HCL Technologies, an IT services and digital transformation solutions provider, is planning to hire over 2,000 fresh talent from Karnataka..Read more
HCL Technologies conducts walk-in drive in Kerala for Class 12 students
Under the early career programme TechBee, HCL to hire 750 freshers from Kerala HCL Technologies is conducting one-day walk-in drive across..Read more
HCL technologies organises walk-in drive in Kerala for class XII students.Read more
HCL aims to hire 1000 fresh talents from ManipurRead more
HCL Technologies expands and strengthens its presence in Nagpur; plans to increase headcount to 5000 in the coming two years.Read more
HCL’s TechBee program offers early career opportunities for Class XII students
Prabhat Khabar, Patna Prabhat Khabar, Ranchi Dainik Aaj, Patna Hari Bhoomi, Bhopal Sach Express, Bhopal Hindustan, Ranchi Dainik JagranRead more
- 4 March, 2022
Storyboard18 | To Her, With Love: HCL’s Srimathi Shivashankar uses lessons she learnt from her grandmother in her work and life
In a ‘joint family’ in India, where one grows up with grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins, ‘teamwork with discipline’ was the only way of life.Read more
- 3 March, 2022
To her, with love: From Licious’ Simeran Bhasin to HCL’s Srimathi Shivashankar, a shoutout to inspirational women in their lives
If she can do it, so can I: Simeran Bhasin, business head—alternative protein, Licious, on how her mother’s resilience and ability to reinvent..Read more